Built in 1727, Ghan House is a 4* AA rated, fully restored, family run Georgian House now in its 20th year of continuous business with 16 years of awards and nominations (see bottom of page).
We are one of the oldest private houses of its’ type in Ireland a tree length from Medieval Carlingford with 3 acres of walled mature gardens.
All of Carlingford’s ancient buildings dating as far back at 1210; from King John’s Castle, the Dominican Friary, Mint. Taaffe’s Castle and old town wall are within a 2 minute walk from our front door. The Tholsel, Medieval Carlingford’s old town gate is just 30 metres from our walls.
All of our bedrooms have the following as standard;
• Mountain & garden or Carlingford Lough & garden views.
• All double & twin bedrooms have bath and shower en-suite (most with power shower).
• Family antiques & orthopaedic mattresses.
• Tea/coffee, bottled water, homemade biscuits.
• iPod dock, ‘Smart’ internet enabled TV, steam iron, hairdryer, free wi-fi.
• Extra fluffy towels & gowns, Gilcrest & Soames soaps, shower gel & shampoo, shower cap.
Their special events programme includes Art classes, wine tasting evenings and opera dinners, in addition their
Cookery School provides tailored courses for groups such as for corporate hospitality and hen weekends.
SOME OF OUR PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS INCLUDE:
2 AA Rosettes 2011 ~ 2014
AA 4* Accommodation
Winners of ‘Best Hotel & Country House Restaurant in County Louth’ for 3 continuous years ~ Restaurant Association of Ireland
16 continuous years of ‘Best 100 Places to Stay in Ireland’ – 1998 to 2014 ~ John & Sally McKenna’s Bridgestone Guide
“Best 100 Wedding Venues in Ireland 2013 & 2014″ ~ One Fab Day Wedding Guide
To book THE GHAN HOUSE contact the directly here.
- Cookery School
- Cookery Demonstrations (Min 8 people, max 55, Approx time: 2 – 3 hours)
- Hands-on Cookery (Min 6 people, Max. 26, Approx time: 3 – 4 hrs)
- Wine Tasting (Min 6 People Approx time: 2-3 hours)
The Ghan house , Carlingford, Co. Louth
+ 353 (0) 42 937 3682